Using the Allflex Virtual Keyboard with CattleMax - CattleTags.com
All Allflex Electronic ID Readers include a CD of the Allflex EID Tag Manager software. To obtain the latest version, you can also visit the Allflex Downloads page.
Please follow both sets of setups to properly configure and use the EID Tag Manager software.
Configuring Virtual Keyboard Options (One-time process)
- In the EID Tag Manager software, go to Tools and click Options
- In the Virtual Keyboard section, ensure only EID is green and that the other choices are red
Configuring Virtual Keyboard for Use (Each time process)
- In the EID Tag Manager software, go to Tag Management and click Virtual Keyboard
- Under the Configuration section, press "Select External Application". From here, you can select your web browser that you use for CattleMax, Microsoft Excel, or any other open application.
- Under the Configuration section, select your desired separator
- No separator - When you just want the EID to be scanned and placed in to the current box in CattleMax.
- Tags on a new line - When you want the return/enter key prssed after the tag is scanned. This is helpful when searching animals but not helpful if you want to enter additional information (such as the Add Animal screen). You may also want this option if you are scanning tags in to MS Excel so that each scan goes to a new line
- Tabulation - When you want the scanned tag's value to be inserted in to the current box and the tab key pressed to go to the next box