All Allflex Electronic ID Readers contain a link to download the Allflex EID Tag Manager software. Follow this link to find Allflex's support and download site:
Choose the EID TAG MANAGER SOFTWARE LINK on the DOWNLOADS TAB.
Please follow both sets of setups to properly configure and use the EID Tag Manager Software.
Configuring Virtual Keyboard Options (One-Time process)
- In the EID Tag Manager software, go to Tools and click Options
- In the Virtual Keyboard section, ensure only EID is green and that the other choices are red
Configuring Virtual Keyboard for Use (Each time process)
- In the EID Tag Manager software, go to Tag Management and click Virtual Keyboard
- Under the Configuration section, press "Select External Application". From here, you can select the web browser that you use for CattleMax, Microsoft Excel, or any other open application. (The application must be open before you perform this task)
3. Under the Configuration section, select your desired separator.
- No separator - When you just want the EID to be scanned and placed into the current box in CattleMax
- Tags on a new line - When you want the return/enter key pressed after the tag is scanned. This is helpful when searching for animals but not helpful if you want to enter additional information. You may want to use this option if you are scanning tags into MS Excel so that each scan goes to a new line.
- Tabulation - When you want the scanned tag's value to be inserted into the current box and the tab key pressed to go to the next box
4. Press the Start button