nextGen™ by Allflex focuses on what producers need: Easy, high-quality tissue sample collection that saves you time and provides a high rate of success in the lab.
Tissue sampling has several advantages:
- Unlike some sampling methods, nextGen samples can be taken in animals as young as one day old.
- No need to count hair follicles or guess if enough biological matter (often mucous, semen or blood) is present to produce a good lab result. With nextGen, you will see the actual tissue sample and know if there is enough genomic material before sending to the lab.
- Easy to use. Professional expertise is no longer needed for drawing blood or procuring other samples.
Collecting tissue samples has never been more efficient and cost-effective. Scientific advancements in the mapping of livestock genomes along with continued development of affordable analytics have changed the sampling industry – making it easier and quicker for producers to use DNA for:
- Parentage verification
- Genetic selection
- BVD diagnostics
Allflex has worked with the country’s leading biotechnology companies, livestock genetic testing labs and leading livestock producers to develop a unique device for collecting tissue samples. The result is the nextGen™ Tissue Sampling Unit (TSU) by Allflex.
nextGen™ by Allflex maintains Allflex’s commitment to innovation, quality, and performance. The nextGen™ TSU provides:
- Fast, high-performance sample collection … Samples can be collected in seconds with minimal animal restraint. A single-squeeze motion collects a sample with minimum distress to the animal.
- Clean, uncontaminated sampling … The genetic material is sealed in a specially designed preservative.
- Visual, DNA-sample identification … Instant confirmation of on-farm sampling success. No more guessing whether enough genetic material has been gathered.
- Minimized retesting … Tissue samples contain a large quantity of high-quality DNA for genetic analysis yielding excellent lab results.
- The desiccant (preservative) is used to "dry" and preserve the tissue sample for a long very time. This is one of the best ways to preserve DNA for long periods of time other than freezing. Can be shipped, air-freighted without being labeled as hazardous.
TSU Application Guide- Allflex Video