As of May 10, 2022
While many farm supply stores and other online retailers have temporarily or indefinitely stopped taking orders for Allflex custom cattle tags, we continue to accept orders as we know producers still need custom ear tags.
Many producers now utilize custom ear tags for the ability to use their own management numbers or include their ranch name or logo on the tags. Farmers and ranchers don’t want to go back to limited preprinted tags nor deal with messy ink pens and blank tags that fade over time.
You can rest assured that we will continue to be here for you and offer custom tags. Also, we will continue keeping you as up-to-date as possible regarding timeframes.
- Custom-printed items are shipping in about 16 weeks.
- Standard products (such as most EID tags, blank visual tags, syringes, applicators, marking pens, etc) are shipping in about 9 weeks.
What we know from Allflex
- As an Allflex distributor, we have no control over timeframes, status updates, access to the warehouse, etc.
- Be assured that we are working hard to provide you with current information which continues to be extremely limited at this time.
- We only receive confirmation that orders have been received and the tracking number when an order ships. Allflex is not able to provide any further information, such as ETAs/shipment date, status updates, material inventory levels, etc.
- There are shortages with RFID Readers, some custom layouts and colors. We will work directly with customers once we are notified of the shortage or inability to obtain a layout or color. These items will remain available for purchase; as inventory arrives, orders will be released.
- The Allflex printing facility in Dallas continues to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Allflex continues to focus on producing tags for regulated markets which require identification for interstate movement as well as traceability programs and breed registries.
- Allflex is not accepting any requests for new custom logos at this time to allow them to fulfill existing product orders.
- For tag orders using an existing logo, Allflex continues to require the order to have a minimum of 100 tags.
- Tissue Sampling Units (TSU) production also is ramping up in the U.S, and Allflex is receiving stocks of TSU from their global manufacturing operations.
With further delayed production timeframes, we realize that some may need to cancel their order. ALL Allflex custom tags in the U.S. are printed at the same Allflex facility. By canceling your order and then reordering with another distributor, you are stepping out of your current place in the queue and starting over.
It's important to us that we be open and straightforward with customers. We are sending emails when we have updated information as well as updating the Allflex Production Timeframes page. This page is linked at the top of CattleTags.com and on all product pages on our website as well as other key pages.
As a rancher-customer service team, we understand the importance for you to receive your order in a timely manner. These delays and shortages impact every operation, large and small. If you need to contact us regarding your order, please do so remembering that we are limited to the information you see on this page and are working hard to keep up with a situation that is beyond our control.